When Your Oxford, MS Business Floods
A water loss in a commercial space can be disastrous. It is best to know beforehand how to manage the cleanup in order to act quickly in the event of a flood or burst pipe. Here are 5 steps our team will take to handle a flooded commercial building:
- Turn off Electricity – before touching or handling the water, make sure to shut off power to the flooded area. If you cannot safely navigate to the breaker box, call an electrician to turn the electricity off at the meter.
- Stop the flow of Water - shut off the water line in the event of a burst pipe or block the flow of rainwater using flood bags or other tools. It may be necessary to call a plumber to fix any internal damages to pipes.
- Extract Standing Water – a wet/dry vacuum is the optimal tool to use for removing any standing water.
- Remove Water-Damaged material – waterlogged materials need to be removed as soon as possible to prevent mold growth and further damage. Items may be kept if they can be completely dried within 48 hours.
- Disinfect and Dry – it is important to sanitize and dry all surfaces as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
If your property has experienced water damage, storm restoration professionals like the SERVPRO of Oxford/Batesville/Clarksdale crew can help! From water extraction to tear out and drying, we have a team of professionals ready for the job.
Give us a call at 662-281-1881.
We're always here to help.